We started to experience the so-called ‘humidity problem’ about a year ago. I was not sure if the humidity would be a problem at first and I just didn’t pay any attention to this matter.
After only a few months, we started to notice how this humidity affects our home and also our health. It was then when I realized that we have mould and condensation problems.
I started doing all the research for this problems and I discovered there were lots of things that can prevent some of this common issues. I will try to help you learn how to deal with this problems, to prevent them from occurring in the first place.
Most common issues that affect many homes are:
Don’t worry, I’m about to tell you my secret weapon on how to prevent and protect your house against mould and condensation problems.
How can a dehumidifier change your life quality?
Humidity can cause big problems to a house foundation when mould and condensation start developing in the air vents, behind walls and can lead to then well known damp. If you have mould in your home, this is the indication that triggers the alarm.
Mould is very dangerous and bad for your health and the airborne spores released by the mould can cause serious breathing problems. Don’t ignore it because it will not go away by itself. For us, the solution to our problems was a dehumidifier.
I checked the pros and cons of this product and I decided I don’t mind increasing our electric bills to secure our health. At the end, the cost for getting asthmatic treatment is lower than the cost of getting a dehumidifier.
A dehumidifier is basically an electric appliance that absorbs the humidity around the place where it’s beeing used. Here are some Dehumidifier Pros and Cons that I discovered and I hope this will help you make the right decision for your home.
- a dehumidifier is the best way to control your humidity inside your house, it makes the air fresh and cleaner.
with the humidity control function on this appliance, it kills the germs, purifies the air and keeps dust away from your home.
- it’s easy to use and you can use it everywhere around the house, kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and even the basement.
- very easy to setup and if you buy the right dehumidifier according to the space you have, then you just plug it in and it will do the whole work.
- it will keep your family members away from many allergies caused by dust and mould and asthmatic problems.
- your house will be safer inside but also will be protected from damp, with can be caused if you have a high humidity inside your place.
- noise and heat are a few cons that people are afraid of. A dehumidifier can make noise and disturb you but you can look for one that has strict specifications regarding the noise that it makes. It will blow warm air out of the back of the unit. In the winter, this can be an advantage but not so much in the summer. You can place it in a doorway so that it doesn’t heat up the room from which you are removing excess moisture.
- may increase energy bills
- a dehumidifier may need maintenance from time to time and also cleaning.
At the end, you will realize that pros are more conclusive than the cons. I think we can agree that you’d pay an extra on your electric bill as long as you will prevent and protect your house against mould and condensation problems.
I have found this TROTEC Dehumidifier on Amazon for ONLY £119,95
£244,95 if you are interested in buying one.